Sunday, December 21, 2008

Abraham Lincoln Dog Quotes

Abraham Lincoln had a trusted companion named "Fido." (pictured above) He also had several memorable quotes about dogs including the ones below.

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it."

"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being."

I wonder what he would have thought about vice presidential candidates who proudly shoot wolves from helicopters... In any event, the recent turn that our country took under George W. Bush has increased my respect for leaders like Lincoln who were willing to live and die for their principles. Because of that, I created this recent t-shirt design:



1 comment:

  1. You seem to have forgotten a wonderful and old breed: Kelb Tal Fenek or as it is known to the AKC: The Pharaoh Hound.
    http://www.akc.org/breeds/pharaoh_hound/index.cfm

    ReplyDelete